The aim of physiotherapy is to strengthen muscles and enhance/restore function, decrease pain, increase range of motion and sometime prevent disease or post-surgical complication. This is done by the use of manual therapy, exercise therapy and electrotherapy (various modalities).
Physiotherapy at Home is most applicable for individuals with limited mobility, or simply for those who choose to be treated in the comfort of their homes.
Scope of Service
The physiotherapy visit is a 45 -60 minutes visit by a qualified BPT / MPT in which the physiotherapist administers a customized treatment plan as per the requirement of the patient
- Basic pain management
- Back Pain
- Knee Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Taping and bandaging
- Work-Related Injuries
- Geriatric Reconditioning
- Lifestyle management
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Posture Correction
- Osteoporosis management
- Personal Training
- Weight Loss Programmes
- Balance & Strength Training
- Specialized Disease management
- Neurological Rehabilitation- Stroke Rehabilitation, Parkinson’s Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation-Sports Injury Management, Post-Joint Replacement, Musculoskeletal Physical Therapy
- Cardio-Pulmonary Rehabilitation – Chest and Cardiac Physiotherapy
- Post-Surgical Physiotherapy
- Pre and Post-Natal Care
Preparing for a Physiotherapy at Home service
Here are a few tips to ensure you make the most of your session at home
- Select a spacious, uncluttered well ventilated spot in your house where the session will take place
- Wear comfortable nonrestrictive clothing.
- Detail your condition and expectations to the physiotherapist
- Provide your physiotherapist with accurate history e.g. information on how the pain started; what is the nature of pain and for how long you have been facing the problem.
- Be attentive to the exercises shown have a family member or help also understand them